Kratom Tea Recipe Guide
Kratom leaves from Southeast Asia are renown for their bodily effects after consumption however, the plant itself tastes incredibly bitter. There are various ways to use kratom that disguise the bitter taste, some more enjoyable than others. One popular way to enjoy the botanical is drinking kratom tea. We’ll dive into our favorite kratom tea recipes so you can experiment at home and eliminate the guesswork.
why drink kratom tea?
Unlike other botanicals, the alkaloids in Mitragyna speciosa do not get damaged by hot water. In fact, hot water releases these alkaloids faster than chewing kratom leaves or consuming powder in cold beverages. Kratom tea has slightly different effects compared to consuming capsules or kratom powder because of the way the alkaloids react to heat. Many people describe the experience as more stimulating as well as increased euphoric effects. White kratom tea can be a great pick-me-up or jump start to your day.
How to make kratom tea
Brewing kratom tea is fairly simple. All you need is your favorite tea, hot water, and kratom powder. Although seemingly straightforward, care is needed to make sure the tea isn’t over or under steeped because this will ruin your pot. Furthermore, adding kratom powder to boiling water may compromise some Mitragyna alkaloids because of the extreme heat. Make sure the tea is hot but not entirely boiling.
The basic steps
- Boil water and steep your preferred tea.
- Add Kratom powder or kratom leaves in a tea bag to your tea. If using powder, be sure to wait a few minutes so your tea can properly steep in the hot water. (You want to avoid adding kratom to boiling water)
- Stir your tea until the kratom powder is fully incorporated.
- Add sweeteners such as stevia, sugar, or honey to taste.
- Garnish with lemon to add citric acid, a great kratom potentiator.
Creative kratom tea recipes
London Fog (Earl Grey) Recipe With Kratom
One of our favorite tea recipes is a London Fog, also known as an earl grey latte. Earl grey is a savory tea that combines bold flavors of orange, black tea, and lavender. Earl Grey lattes don’t really need any improvement but the one additive we think makes them even better is Kratom! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Earl Grey Tea: You’re going to need 2 tea bags of Earl Grey. There are plenty of brands to choose from so pick your favorite.
- Vanilla Extract or Vanilla Syrup
- Milk of Your Choice – including plant based milks
- Kratom of your choice
With these ingredients you’ll be able to make a delicious home made Earl Grey tea with Kratom. Here’s how:
- Add the tea bags to boiling water.
- Steep tea for 5 minutes then remove the tea bags.
- Add the kratom powder of your choice. To keep the bitterness down, it’s recommended to use 1/2 a gram per cup.
- Mix tea with kratom until fully incorporated.
- Add sweetener of your choice to milk and froth. If you don’t have a frothing want, you can just warm the milk without frothing.
- Add a touch of vanilla extract to the tea.
- Pour the milk into the tea.
Citrus Tea With tarragon
Citrus tea with tarragon is a great way to warm up a winter day. What could possibly make this delicious drink better? Well adding kratom of course! As an added bonus, the citrus in this tea acts as a powerful kratom potentiator too.
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 8 and 1/4 cups of water
- 1/4 cups of honey
- 3 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of lime juice
- 1/2 cups of fresh tarragon leaves
- 4 Earl Grey tea bags
- In a small saucepan, mix the sugar, orange juice, 1/4 cup of water, honey, lemon, and lime juice. Bring to a boil over medium high heat while continuously stirring.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10-15 minutes. Pour into a blender, add tarragon leaves, and blend for 30 seconds.
- Strain the mixture and set it aside.
- In a pot, bring 8 cups of water to a boil. Remove from heat and add tea bags.
- Steep for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the citrus mixture and add the desired amount of kratom powder to your tea. Mix until fully incorporated.
There are all kinds of amazing kratom drink recipes to try. We hope you enjoy these interesting, new ways to incorporate kratom into already delicious teas.